Sunday, April 01, 2012

Transfers

Transfers happen every six weeks. Those who have completed their missions go home, new missionaries (we call them "goldens" in this mission, not "greenies") come in. It starts a domino process. I have learned that some will be happy and some will not. Here are two letters I received after the transfer last week:

Missionary #1 "I am so, so ecstatic to get to serve with my companion for another six weeks. And so is the ward! When we told everyone in Relief Society during the “Good News Minute,” everyone cheered! Ha ha, it’s flattering, but not why I wanted to stay. I sincerely and genuinely love this area and all these people. I’ve resolved within myself to make this my best transfer yet."

Missionary #2 "Staying in _____ for another transfer is really going to help me with this. I was hoping to move to another area after my fourth transfer here, but I am reminded of "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go" or I'll stay where you want me to stay, DEAR Lord. It's God's will. Not mine. I'm the type where I get antsy after several months, and like change. But that's my will. Not God's."

No comments: