Thursday, May 17, 2012

Prayer

I often get such a lift as well as a smile when I read the letters from my missionaries. I will share this one as it did both. By way of background, this mission has been authorized to use facebook as a tool to find, teach and keep in touch with members and investigators. This letter is from one of my dear sister missionaries.

"I have learned a lot about specific prayers this past transfer. I was unhappy that no one was answering me on facebook so my companion told me to start praying more that I would get an answer. I prayed very hard that one person would answer me and the next day someone had. It was a very rude and inappropriate answer. So I prayed that someone would answer me positively, and the day after I received a message saying how attractive I was and that my future spouse would be very lucky. So I prayed again, this time asking that someone would be interested in hearing about my message. There were three people the next day who were. Since then I have had many responses and have started teaching some of them. Specific prayers will get specific answers. Have the faith to ask specifically. Sometimes all we have to do is ask before a blessing can be granted."

1 comment:

Annette said...

What a great lesson. I'm definitely needing a specific blessing right now. It is a good reminder for me. Thanks.